The health and safety of our staff, clients and the communities we serve is our top priority. We’re closely monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and are in accordance with the CDC and South Carolina DHEC to ensure we’re acting on the latest information and guidance.
October 1, 2020
The Body Works! have reviewed the CDC, SC State DHEC and AMTA National organization websites for any new guidelines and have adjusted our intake and screening questions accordingly.
August 1, 2020
The MUSC office is now open Skincare and Hair Removal Services. All health and safety procedures will be adopted for these new services.
June 19, 2020
The MUSC office is open on a limited schedule.
May 18, 2020
SC allowed massage therapy to begin practicing again. The 2nd loop office is open.
May 15, 2020
The Body Works! has set procedures in place to ensure the health and safety of our clients and staff.
Booking Appointments: Time between clients has increased to 30 minutes.
Waiting and Reception:
- There will be no waiting in the reception area. Therapists will contact clients prior to a session so that when a client arrives at the office, the client can text or call their therapist to let them know they are in the parking lot. Clients should wait in their vehicle until they hear from the therapist that the room is ready.
- No extra persons may be in the office when a client is in session.
- The office will be locked when a session is in progress.
- All public areas in which the therapist or client have touched will be cleaned after every session.
Before Your Session:
- Clients must complete the COVID-19 Health and Safety Questionnaire before their session.
- All clients and staff will have their temperature checked with a forehead thermometer.
- Staff will have clean clothing and be prepared to change into another set of clothing, if their clothing comes into contact with the client during a session.
- Clients should remove their shoes and then wash their hands before the session. Staff should have “office only” shoes that are disinfected.
- Clients and staff will wash their hands before a session for a minimum of 20 seconds using the appropriate technique.
- Clients and staff will wear a mask at all times when in the office. An exception might be when a client is face down on the table. If a client does not have a mask, they may purchase one for $5.00.
- Staff will disinfect all touchpoints after a session is complete.
After a Session: Staff must wash their hands and clients are recommended to wash their hands, as well. All client and therapist touch points will be sanitized and disinfected.
April 28, 2020
The Body Works! offices will remain closed, per SC Governor’s orders, until May 12th, 2020, unless otherwise notified. We hope you are staying safe and healthy during this pandemic. We greatly miss all of you and the team members.
April 1, 2020
Per the SC Governor’s Executive order, The Body Works! will close both offices until April 16th, 2020! These are troubling times for all and we respect our government’s policies and health information about slowing the spread of COVID-19. Please stay well and follow the recommended self-care guidelines.
We were given the opportunity to request for an exception from the Dept of Commerce and have filed one because we primarily see clients for pain management, often from a doctor referral and/or prescription. We have yet to hear back from them and will move ahead to close for the 15 days.
Stay tuned right here for upcoming specials, self-care tips and other fun!
March 29, 2020
MUSC office will be closed through May 1st, 2020. The 2nd Loop office will be intermittently open. Please check online or call/text 843/413-5172.
March 18, 2020
The Body Works! is constantly monitoring the National, State, and Local government and health websites for new information about COVID-19. We are in contact with the National and State American Massage Therapy Associations and our Massage State Board regarding the recommendations for massage therapy businesses during this time. Our vision is to enhance the health and well-being of our clients and community. The very nature of some of our services requires us to come into close contact with our clients to improve their health and well-being. Please understand that we have been and will continue to offer a clean and sanitary environment at all times for our clients.
As of Wednesday, March 18th, we have no known cases in Florence County and are open for business – with some new screening guidelines – at our 2nd Loop office only. We currently have availability for appointments at our 2nd Loop office.
If you would like an appointment, please book online or call/text 843/413-5172. We will ask every client to wash their hands once they arrive at the office prior to their appointment. Please do not make an appointment if any of the following applies to you currently or in the past month:
- If you or anyone you have been in contact with has traveled outside of the country or state.
- If you or anyone you have been in contact with anyone that has been sick.
- If you have runny nose, cough, congestion, or fever.
The Body Works! has canceled our Nutrition Month classes (Convenient Crockpot Meal Prep and Making Healthy Meals) scheduled for next week. We would like to offer them again and hope to do so in the near future.
At The Body Works!, we believe it is times like this that health and well-being is of utmost importance and we WILL keep our doors open to help you through this challenging time and continue to offer our pain management services as long as it is safe to do so.
March 16, 2020
The Body Works! staff knows that you are keeping updated with all the latest COVID-19 information and want to make sure that you know we have been doing our homework as well. Our vision is to enhance the health and well-being of our clients and community and the very nature of some of our services requires us to come into close contact with our clients to improve their health and well-being. Please understand that we have been and will continue to offer a clean and sanitary environment at all times for our clients.
In light of this pandemic, we have chosen to take some extra measures, all in accordance to the CDC, SBA, and SC DHEC, to make sure that all staff members of The Body Works! are healthy and ready to work with you. Not a single one of our staff has flown out of the state in the last month and will not work with any client if they show any signs of fever, chills, cough or sickness. Our offices are also disinfected and cleaned regularly. All surfaces touched by a client are washed and/or disinfected after every client session.
We would ask that everyone who books with us please be mindful of their own health and well-being. If you are experiencing any cough, cold or fever symptoms, please stay home and take care of yourself. If you have traveled outside of the US in the last month, consider waiting a few weeks before booking a massage. Our therapists see many clients and we will be taking every measure possible to insure the most professional, worry-free, and health experience for all. We are requesting every client wash their hands before every massage session to follow the suggested guidelines given by our National and State Governments and Health organizations.
At The Body Works!, we believe it is times like this that health and well-being is of utmost importance and we WILL keep our doors open to help you through this challenging time as long as it is safe to do so.
March 13, 2020
The MUSC closed due to the COVID-19 Pandemic.